SUNY Maritime College is a leading provider of maritime technical training for seafarers and marine executive personnel operating ships and businesses in global maritime commerce. As a leader in the U.S. and international maritime education segment, LNG Center of Excellence, in cooperation with ABS Consulting, is offering a 2-day course on LNG Fueled Vessel Design and Operation to the maritime community in North America. The intended audience for this two-day course include maritime educators, ship owner/operators, marine terminal operators, regulators, public safety officials and other maritime industry stakeholders.
The LNG safety and technical seminar will focus on:
LNG marine fuel vessel design and construction based on international and U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) standards
LNG marine fuel fleet development – emissions, economics, infrastructure
Propulsion and fuel gas supply systems technical overview
Regulatory framework, industry guidelines, standards, and good practice
LNG fuel operations and bunkering-risk management, safety and operational procedures
Crew training and competence requirements
February 18 - 19, 2020
08:00 to 17:00
Certificate of completion issued by ABS and SUNY Maritime College to participants who successfully complete the seminar learning assessment.
1. Describe LNG marine fueled vessel design, construction and safety features according to international and US regulation
2. Provide awareness of LNG hazards, risk management and safe handling procedures for bunkering and ship operation.
3. Develop understanding of technical specifications, engineering and operational requirements for LNG marine fuel propulsion systems and fuel gas supply systems.
4. Offer perspective on the historical development and future trends of the global LNG-fueled fleet in the context of GHG reduction, supply and distribution availability and commercial considerations
5. Specify the training and safety awareness regimes and requirements applicable to the LNG marine fuel industry
Robert Kamb, ABSG Manager of LNG Services: Robert Kamb is currently Manager, LNG Services, leveraging 37 years of LNG marine experience to offer bespoke advice, project support and custom solutions for global energy major and LNG marine vessel and terminal operator clients.
Fee per delegate $500. Limited seating is available. To register contact:
Assistant Professor, Professional Education & Training
SUNY Maritime College
Phone: (718) 409-4687