Skip to main content
- Naval architect, with 38 years of experience, specializing in the design of vessels under 180 feet, yacht and commercial
- Chartered engineer (CEng) and fellow of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects (FRINA)
- Educator, with over 16 years of experience in classroom and distance-learning, accreditation, curriculum development, and student relations
- Author of "Propeller Handbook," "The Nature of Boats," "The Elements of Boat Strength," and "Boat Mechanical Systems Handbook," all published by McGraw-Hill, and over 400 technical articles on naval architecture, boatbuilding, marine technology and history. These books are used as texts at the U.S. Naval Academy, Maine Maritime Academy, the Landing School and others.
- Lecturer on technical and historical topics in naval architecture, boatbuilding, systems installation and engineering
- Marine surveyor specializing in complex and unusual accident, damage and failure analysis
- Expert witness, with fifteen years of experience in cases related to boats, boating accidents and boat design